Mr. Wotman is a seasoned bankruptcy litigator. His firm handles numerous matters in the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
Mr. Wotman’s wide-ranging bankruptcy experience includes:
- Representing mortgage lenders in protecting their interests in bankruptcy cases and lifting the automatic stay to proceed forward with state court mortgage foreclosures.
- Vigorous Prosecution of Involuntary Bankruptcy Petitions against Debtors.
- Conduct of Rule 2004 Examinations of Debtors.
- Productive Litigation of Lenders' Rights to Cash Collateral and Adequate Protection.
- Proceedings involving the assumption or rejection of executory contracts and unexpired leases.
- Forceful prosecutions of debtors for fraud and embezzlement.
- Recovering voidable preferences and fraudulent conveyances.
- Prosecution of turnover proceedings.
- Procurement of substantive consolidation of related Non-Debtors with Debtors’ Estates.
- Enforcement of Lenders' UCC Article 9 Security Interests in Debtors' Personal Property.
- Obtaining dismissal of debtors' petitions for bad faith filings.
- Enforcement of and objections to proofs of claim.
- Representation on Creditors' Committees and Meetings of Creditors.
- Objections to discharge litigation.
- Conversions of Debtors’ Chapter 11 and 13 Cases to Chapter 7 Liquidation.
- Conduct of Appeals from Bankruptcy Court Decisions
- Litigation over Issues Regarding Abstention of Bankruptcy Courts in Favor of Prior Pending Litigations and Subject Matter Jurisdiction of Bankruptcy Courts.
- Preparation of Bankruptcy Sections of Prospectuses for Initial Public Offerings.